The Nelson Law Firm is currently representing homeowners in the Colorado Front Range whose homes were constructed with floor joists that use the Weyerhaeuser product known as Flak Jacket®. This product contains formaldehyde, a known carcinogen.
Homeowners with the Flak Jacket® joists have been advised by their homebuilders to immediately move out of their homes. The following are just some of the steps that should be taken by homeowners who have been displaced because of formaldehyde exposure:
- If you or your loved ones have experienced any of the following symptoms due to formaldehyde exposure, seek medical attention immediately: watery or burning eyes, nose and throat irritation, wheezing, coughing, breathing difficulties, fatigue, skin rash, allergic reactions, or neurological issues;
- Keep copies of all receipts, invoices, and payments for medical care, alternative housing, gasoline, mileage, food, and other necessities for future reimbursement by your homebuilder;
- Contact your mortgage holder, bank, or lender to advise of your displacement and seek forbearance of your mortgage payments until you are able to reoccupy your home;
- Consult with a real estate attorney to determine if the existence of formaldehyde or any proposed "fix" by your homebuilder will have to be disclosed in any subsequent sale of your home, which could affect your homes' property value upon re-sale;
- DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, sign a release unless and until it has been reviewed by a competent attorney.
We are currently assisting homeowners to obtain fair compensation from Weyerhaeuser, homebuilders and other potentially liable parties. Our attorneys have vast experience handing real estate and construction defect cases, and we would be happy to consult with you on the real estate and construction issues you are now facing.
If you or anyone you know has been impacted by this issue, or if you would like more information on The Nelson Law Firm, LLC, please visit our website at www.nelsonlawfirm.net, or email or call us at 303.861-0750 or email@example.com.